We are looking for an organized, trainable and driven Staff Accountant to join our growing team. In this newly created role reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant position will work closely with our other accountants, operations personnel and key vendors.
The Staff Accountant will apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and assist with the following:
- Accounts Payable functions
- Transload accounting
- Freight and Logistic accounting
- Month-end accruals, reconciliations and fixed asset schedule
- Help providing administrative support as needed (e.g. answering phones, signing in visitors, filing, processing overnight shipments, etc.)
- Attention to detail is a must
- Problem-Solving Skills is a must
- Efficient and Effective work ethic
- Proficient with Accounting software and Microsoft Excel and Office
- Experience and success with working in a Team environment
- A creative mind with an ability to seek improvements
- Must be a strong and efficient communicator
- Not intimidated by change and technology
- Must be trainable and maintain high ethics
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of Accounting experience
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly Safety Incentive Program
- Paid Time Off
- Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting wage may be increased based on experience & will be a salaried position.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860