We are seeking a Silica Sand Plant Operator for our Clayton, Iowa Bluff Plant facility. Located on a Bluff overlooking our facility, This Silica Sand processing plant produces a super-fine grade sand known as 100 mesh. 100 mesh sand is the bi-product of our primary coarse sand processing facility and is dried and loaded onto trucks at the Bluff Plant. The Bluff Plant Operator is responsible for and must perform all aspects of plant operations including but limited to: plant equipment operation with use of automated controls, truck loadout, quality control analysis, data entry and wheel loader operation.
Bluff Plant Operators are crucial to our operations efficiency and production flow. The successful candidate will:
- Operate plant processing and drying equipment (conveyors, rotary dryer, and load-out) while safely meeting or exceeding processing and quality marks
- Learn and perform the operation of the wheel loader
- Collect and analyze data in order to make process changes and improvements when needed
- Use computer programs for process controls, truck load out operations, lab analysis and data collection/entry
- Work in a safe, team environment and take on new responsibilities as assigned
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Work up to twelve hour shifts
- Communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- High safety standards for self and others
- Work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Bend, stoop, climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Work at heights
- Work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- General computer knowledge
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133