We are GROWING and looking to hire a team leader with the ability to lead hands-on and coordinate our shop facility as a Heavy Equipment Shop Assistant Manager. The Heavy Equipment Shop Assistant Manager works directly with our Shop Foreman to oversee the maintenance and repair of our large fleet of heavy equipment in Clayton, IA. This is an excellent opportunity to join a strong, progressive and growing company.
The Heavy Equipment Shop Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in planning, scheduling and safe work practices while minimizing down time in the shop and for all heavy equipment under repair. They are required to:
Establish and clarify daily priorities
- Determine equipment condition
- Create and manages employee schedules
- Maintain work records and files
- Assist in warnings, disciplines or terminate employees
- Assist in ‘toolbox talks’
- Correct equipment deficiencies
- Work with mechanics and management to order parts for field deliveries, repairs, and maintenance
- Work with purchasing and parts to maintain proper inventory and supplies
- Possess strong leadership Skills
- Possess detailed knowledge of shop industry
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Posses strong organizational skills
- Be able to work in extreme conditions
- Possess strong communication skills
- Must be able to wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5 + years’ experience in a supervisory role in maintenance and repair of large scale diesel heavy equipment
- Preference will be given to those with mining equipment experience
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid driver’s license
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133