We are seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator in Clayton, IA. The Health and Safety Coordinator will work will all departments throughout the company to assist in implementation of company policies that insure team members go home safely on a daily basis. This position reports to the Health and Safety Director and works with other team members to improve the health and safety culture at Pattison.
Our Health and Safety Coordinator is essential to ensuring safety is the first and highest priority throughout the company. This position works directly with the Health and Safety Director in administering the company health and safety program by providing support in the field or in an administrative capacity. Additional duties include audit processes to ensure the Health and Safety internal programs conform not only with company requirements but with all applicable local, state, federal and business requirements. They are required to:
- Assist with job site hazard recognition, auditing and inspections
- Assist with MSHA inspections by assisting the H&S Director or the MSHA Inspector directly
- Work with the H&S Director to ensure compliance with MSHA requirements
- Assist in tracking Workers Compensation Claims that are MSHA related
- Be responsible for the proper processing of incident reports (near misses, damages and/or injuries): updating proper personnel, managing an excel database and assisting HR with scheduling employee medical appointment
- Assist in ensuring that safety requirements are met for our vendors/customers- including job site safety
- Perform field and office work as directed by the H&S Director
- Lead in scheduling and conducting all industrial hygiene monitoring, including but not limited to respirable dust, noise exposures, and clean cab initiatives.
- Maintain air, noise and gas monitors including calibrating the monitors and placing them in the field for proper testing
- Record and report all findings with air, noise, and gas monitor studies conducted in the field
- Work with the H&S Director to implement company improvements in health and safety systems and processes
- Model the highest standards for health and safety while on our company site
- Create and supply data reports from internet programs or Excel in regards to health, safety and regulatory trends for our company as well as our industry as a whole
- Assist in the development and implementation of the DOT trucking requirements
- Assist in managing SDS system, ensuring all SDS are inputted into the system as well as up to date.
- Manage first aid kit and AED inspections/inventories
- Assist department Manager’s/Health and Safety Director with the drafting and implementation of company SOP’s
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organization skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Understanding of MSHA/OSHA regulations and how they are applied in the field
- Able to wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- General computer knowledge
- Associates degree or equivalent in a health and safety field or office administration
- 5+ years of safety experience in surface and/or underground mining, or construction preferred
- Previous experience working with contractors
- Previous experience working around construction activities
- H&S field experience with Various types of heavy mobile equipment, Heights and fall protection, Utilities, Confined space
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133