We’re looking for a skilled metal fabricator! At Pattison, we build and repair most of our metal structures, components and machinery. As a Pattison Fabricator, you will operate specialized equipment to design and assemble mechanical structures or parts. This is an important job as it provides the foundation for our operational infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand, great attention to detail, strong design background, and welding skills.
Fabricators work in our main shop and throughout our facility above and below ground. They must be able to operate fabrication equipment with a high degree of accuracy, and produce custom parts and devices as needed while following safety protocols. They must be able to:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Troubleshoot existing designs, and re-design parts
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Produce parts with a high degree of precision and accuracy
- Operate associated equipment such as angle grinders, calipers, rulers and clamping devices
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Proven experience as a welder/fabricator using a variety of welding equipment (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in spoken and written english
- Professional Certification will be given priority (e.g. an AWS welding certificate)
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- Must be able to work up to 10 hour shifts
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for 6-10 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Able to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- Able to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- 2 year technical degree or prior experience will be given priority
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133