We are looking for an Experienced Aggregate Rock Crusher Foreman who will hold a vital role in the process operation in Clayton, Iowa. This person is responsible for meeting quality marks as well as production goals on a daily basis. They will work collaboratively with all other company departments to ensure that repairs, screen changes and product needs are being scheduled and met efficiently.
The Forman will work closely with management to ensure the smooth operation of the crushing line. You must arrive to work prior to shift in order to walk the crushing line to determine how the line is running, any on-going projects or any other pertinent information the oncoming shift needs to be aware of. The foreman will be responsible for task management, inspections, equipment operation, personnel reviews and monitoring samples and data to prevent issues. This is a rewarding position that will enable someone to also develop leadership and mentoring skills. They will:
- Operate heavy equipment such as: Komatsu 465, 400 haul trucks, 500 Komatsu loaders, 360 and 490 K excavators
- Maintaining grade per DOT/customer requirements
- Select proper screen capability and installation
- Adjust and manage a cone crusher
- Consult with prior shift management at the start of each shift to clarify daily priorities
- At the beginning of shift develop a task list for each employee using the most recent crushing line inspection, maintenance log and operating schedule
- Assign an employee each shift to conduct a thorough inspection and address any issue in a timely manner
- Spot check certain areas of the performed inspections to ensure that employees are conducting a comprehensive inspection
- Monitor samples and data to prevent problems and make necessary corrections in a timely manner
- Perform audits frequently on safety, SOP’s, trainings, production and quality
- Conduct timely reviews
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Must be able to work at heights
- Able to wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Computer knowledge
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- 3-5 years’ experience in mine/quarry preferred
- Prior heavy equipment experience preferred
- Prior welding experience preferred
- Prior mining/rock crushing experience preferred
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133