Opportunity knocks! We are looking for an Engineer Project Manager in Clayton, IA. The Engineering Project Manager is a hands-on individual with the maturity and experience to drive engineering projects from start to finish. This position requires good technical, organizational and communication skills to develop material handling systems. An ideal candidate will have previous mechanical and civil design experience in a mining industry setting.
The Engineering Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Engineering. In addition he/she will work collaboratively with Plant Operations, Mine Operations, Rail Operations, Sub-Contractors and Fabrication/Maintenance Departments on a daily basis to develop and improve engineering projects and processes.
- Design and implement of new processes and existing process upgrades for all business entities including our mine operations, processing plants (Limestone & Sandstone), transloads and new business development
- Design systems layout and specific components on 2D CAD for engineering team review, contractor interaction, fabrication implementation and installation
- Development of project scope, schedule and budgets for presentation to management team
- Acts as the internal consultant providing technical guidance on the most complex projects and problems by applying creativity, innovation, tools, methods, and techniques integrated with technical insights, knowledge and experience to form conclusions and resolutions
- Evaluate manufacturing feasibility, estimate cost, and assess requirements of a variety of material handling systems
- Performs other duties as required
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Proficient in 2D and 3D modeling CAD design programs.
- Ability to analyze and design basic mechanical processing equipment and civil site construction related work
- Working knowledge of surveying, manufacturing processes, construction management and drafting
- Excellence in time management; attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments
- Self-starter, proactive, professional, positive, and energetic attitude
- Able to work in the field and office settings
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Able to wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering and related field or equivalent experience
- 5 to 15 years of hands-on experience in a mining, construction, manufacturing and project engineering settings. Preferred experience in civil structural design of concrete foundations and steel structures
- Prefer a Professional Engineer license, but not required.
- Prefers a broad background in various mining, construction and manufacturing technologies (concrete and steel design, fluid dynamics, pumping slurry design, minerals processing, crushing/ processing of sandstone and limestone, drilling/blasting
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Based on Experience
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133