We are looking for a Control Room Operator to run our computerized sand production plant. This person works above ground outside of our mine at our sand processing plant. Ever changing conditions and constant new challenges make this an interesting and dynamic career position. If you work well in a dynamic environment, this job could be for you..
The Control Room Operator must be able to respond to new situations when they are encountered, and must demonstrate the ability to operate equipment such as pumps, valves, conveyors, dryers, belt filters, measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment. They must be able to collect and analyze data, and make changes and improvements as needed. They will:
- Perform the process start up, process shutdown; under flow and over flow interpretations
- Perform hot work: welding, torching, and grinding anywhere on-site
- Be responsible for control room operations, process flow, floatex, belt filter, thickener, floc system and dryer operations
- Understand ball configuration; screen size and how it is used and date reporting on screen work done
- Understand confined space requirements and practices; lock out tag out procedures and logs
- Report near misses, injuries, procedures, and communicats with the plant team
- Perform job safety analysis for every task or project being completed and VCR’s
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Work up to twelve hour shifts
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient speaking and writing English
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Must have high safety standards for self and others
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas Be able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Week 1- Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133