We are seeking an Equipment Operator for our Bluff Plant Operator position in Clayton, IA. The Bluff Plant produces a super-fine grade sand known to the industry as 100 mesh. 100 mesh sand is the bi-product of our primary coarse sand processing. It’s dried and loaded onto trucks at the Bluff Plant. The Operator is responsible for, and must perform all plant operations including operating plant equipment, using automated controls, operating a wheel loader, loading trucks, performing quality control & analysis, and data entry.
Bluff Plant Operators perform a critical piece of our production workflow. They will:
- Operate plant processing and drying equipment (conveyors, rotary dryer, and load-out) while safely meeting or exceeding processing and quality marks
- Learn and perform the operation of the wheel loader
- Collect and analyze data in order to make quick process changes and improvements when needed
- Use computer programs for process controls, truck load out operations, lab analysis and data collection/entry
- Work in a team environment and take on new responsibilities as assigned
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- May work up to twelve hour shifts
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Must have high safety standards for self and others
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Able to wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- General computer knowledge
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133